FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Is hair transplant surgery painful?
Because a FUE hair transplant is performed under local anaesthesia, you should experience no discomfort throughout the process.
You may feel some discomfort throughout the healing process, but this is readily handled with pain medicatio
Will there be a scar after a hair transplant?
Scarring from FUE hair transplantation may be as little as round white spots.
This would be most visible if you shaved your hair extremely short following the operation.
The scars are tiny circular scars that might look as white spots.
FUT surgery is more likely to leave a scar on the donor location, albeit it is likely to be disguised by longer hair.
How long does it take to get a hair transplant?
Hair transplant operations may be time-consuming owing to the sensitive nature of the surgery, which necessitates a significant amount of time to assure the finest outcomes.
FUE Hair Transplant treatments at The Private Clinic may often be completed in a single day, lasting 6-8 hours.
In bigger situations, the process may need to be carried out across two days, and doing so would have no influence on the treatment’s efficacy.
When can I expect to see the outcomes of my hair transplant?
You will be able to see the shape of your new hairline immediately after the treatment, but there will be a considerable healing period before you can see the complete results.
The initial effects will be noticeable in 3-4 months, but the ultimate results may take up to a year to become completely obvious.
Is the hair transplant result natural-looking?
The natural character of the result is guaranteed by the consideration of the natural hair grouping and microsurgical techniques.
Besides, the feather zone (hairline area) has been specially designed to look natural.
What are the risks of a transplant?
Our top priority is to provide advice and transparency about potential risks. Every intervention carries some level of risk.
Even if the hair transplant is only performed in the uppermost layers of the skin, avoiding deep injuries, information about risks and side effects will be provided first.
In the medical evaluation, we ask about your (previous) illnesses, habits, possible allergies, and peculiarities that you may have experienced at the dentist or other previous treatments with a doctor.
This leads to an assessment of your specific risk, which will be thoroughly explained to you during your personal consultation.
If you want, you can take a copy of everything that was discussed with you home.
Is my remaining hair sufficient?
The existing donor hair from the hairline is shifted to achieve an aesthetically pleasing result.
It’s incredible that a good result can be obtained with such a small donor area (small fringe of hair).
Before the treatment, the donor area’s hair density is assessed in order to draw conclusions about the donor’s potential and future treatments.
How many hair transplant surgeries will I require?
In the initial phase, just one hair transplant is often necessary to provide patients with the desired results.
Long term, you should remember that you may need further hair transplants in the future to preserve your results and provide enough overall coverage.
Is hair transplantation a permanent procedure?
Hair transplants are exceptionally long-lasting and one of the most effective treatments for hair loss.
It is typical for your hair to shed a few weeks following your FUE hair transplant, after which your new hair will grow and you will notice results in 3-6 months.
Can women have hair transplants?
A woman may get a hair transplant, but many are unsuitable candidates since their hair loss is often widespread and identifying a good donor site can be challenging.
We suggest that female patients first consult with a specialist to check the condition of their hair and determine a probable reason of hair loss.
Before the surgery
- Smoking extends the healing process. Take care not to smoke before the procedure.
- Avoid consuming alcohol for one week before the procedure.
- The doctor who will do hair transplantation should be aware of any drugs you are taking as a result of acute conditions (diabetes, heart disease, high blood pressure, etc.).
- One week before the procedure, stop using anticoagulant medications (heparin, aspirin, coumadin, etc.) and multivitamins. These medications have the potential to induce bleeding. You should also stop drinking green tea one week before the hair transplant.
- A month before the procedure, stop using medications and lotion on your scalp and hair.
- Breakfast is advised before to the hair transplantation operation. If your procedure is scheduled during the afternoon, you should have a small meal before arriving.
- When attending the procedure, wear clothes that will not rub against your head and that you can simply put on and take off. Wearing a shirt will be the most comfortable option.
What are the price factors?
The cost of hair transplantation varies per clinic. While some institutions provide pricing based on graft, the elements that influence the real price vary. The presence of a specialised doctor on the operation team, the surgery being conducted in the presence of an anaesthesiologist, and the extra sedation process in operation are the elements that affect the price. It also varies based on the equipment utilised, the skill of the operating team, and the hair transplantation method performed.
However, with us, once we create your treatment plan, you will be given a detailed breakdown of the cost so you will know exactly what you need to pay.
Before the procedure blood test will be performed; if there is any issues appears, there might be extra charges for extra tests. It is essential that you provide your medical history correctly before you fly to Turkey.
What to Avoid After Treatment
• ALCOHOL: Do not drink alcohol for the first 7 days after surgery.
Although it is recommended that patients refrain from drinking alcohol for 7 to 14 days following the operation to ensure that the transplanted hair receives the best nutrition possible. This helps the healing process by keeping the skin hydrated and allowing it to heal as quickly as possible.
• TOBACCO: Do not smoke for 7 days after the procedure because the modifications that tobacco causes in the circulatory flow can reduce the retention of the newly implanted hair. To ensure that the transplanted hair receives the best nutrition, it is advised not to smoke for 30 days following the operation.
• SEXUAL ACTIVITY: You must refrain from having sex for the first seven days following your hair transplant.
• HELMET: For the first 30 days after the procedure, do not wear a motorcycle or bicycle helmet.
• PHYSICAL ACTIVITY: Do not engage in sports that require a lot of physical activity within 30 days of the surgery.
Avoid bending or lifting heavy objects.
• SEA: Do not swim in the sea for the first 30 days after the transplant.
• SUN: Avoid exposing the scalp to the sun or high temperatures for the first 30 days after the transplant (sauna).
• POOL: Do not swim in a pool for the first two months after surgery.
What is the maximum number of grafts that can be extracted in a single session?
Although the quantity of grafts depends on the patient’s donor area, a maximum of 5000 grafts may be implanted in a single session.
The ideal number of grafts is no more than 6000.
Because there is a danger of harming the donor region if the quantity of grafts grows.
What are the variations in hair transplantation techniques?
- FUE and DHI procedures are the most commonly utilised hair transplantation techniques. The primary distinction between the FUE technique and the DHI procedure is the application method.
- The FUE method can transplant 3000-4500 grafts in a single session, whereas the DHI technique can transplant 1500-2500 grafts in a single session.
- The recovery period for the DHI method is somewhat quicker than for the FUE technique, and there is nearly no bleeding.
- While the FUE technique is utilised for larger areas of hair transplantation, the DHI approach is excellent for more dense hair transplantation.
- Unlike the FUE procedure, which involves a haircut, the DHI technique does not require any cutting or shaving; only the donor region is shaved.
- The cost of the DHI procedure is somewhat greater than FUE since the equipment used is more expensive and the team is more packed.
- The FUE procedure takes 4-6 hours, however the DHI method takes slightly longer.
Why does the transplanted hair not fall out?
The genetic information in the hair root is not lost.
Because hair growth from the “wreath area” on the back of the head, i.e. the removal area, is guaranteed for a lifetime, hair redistributed from here grows for a lifetime as well.
Is there a age limit getting treatment?
There is no upper age limit, but caution is advised in very young male patients between the ages of 17 and 23, as further development of the hair loss is not yet predictable and incorrect expectations can affect feasibility.
The clinics’ medical advice clarifies whether a hair transplant is a solution for the specific hair problem.
When will I be able to return to work or socialise after a hair transplant?
Medically, you are socially acceptable and able to work the day after the operation.
However, it is sensible to rest physically for a few days.
Hat can be worn for the first seven days after treatment if necessary, until the small scrapes on the top of the head have healed.
How often can I receive treatment?
This is determined by the size of the surgery as well as the elasticity of the scalp.
Generally, one treatment is sufficient for long-term results.
Care is taken to ensure that donor hair is handled as efficiently as possible, so that in exceptional cases (such as rapidly progressive hair loss), a second or third treatment can be performed.
Where do I start?
You start with checking if you are eligible for treatment. Send your head images via email or WhatsApp our surgeons will be able to confirm your eligibility.
Your privacy is important to us! Your images will not be shared anywhere and with anyone except the surgeon who will analyses your images.